2

My blog has moved!

3

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.saraweirphotography.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

4





My name is Sara. I am a loving, fun, vivacious woman with a love for photography. While I love photographing everything I see capturing the intimate moments of people is my passion. Whether it is the moment a child realizes something for the first time or a teenager finally sees who they really are I LOVE to be there. I want to freeze the moment of joy shared by a family as they play together. I want to capture forever the love of a newly engaged couple. It is what I love to do! Here you'll find the 'stories' whether in word or image of those most precious moments. Enjoy!

21.6.10

New York

The business, the people, the fast pace, the grey winters, colorful spring and fall, and the muggy summers. There's not place like it. I remember when we first moved here. I had this tiny little baby that I carried everywhere in a baby bjorn schlepping bags and bags of necessities as we set up the apartment. I'm still not exactly sure where we put all those bags considering our apartment is only 400 square feet. Nothing has been what I expected. I thought I would love all the urban jungle and concrete everywhere, but honestly the park is my favorite place to go. I thought New Yorkers would be so annoyed with me every time I brought my baby on the subway. But they are always so nice. They help me with my stroller and they smile at Mara like crazy. In fact I think they're nicer to me because I have her with me. I've been driven crazy by this city and I've also had so many wonderful moments. It's an experience I won't soon forget.

One of the unexpected bonuses of living here has been all the amazing locations I've been able to shoot. I don't think I've shot in the same location twice! Surprisingly this location has to be one of my favorites! The Brooklyn Bridge so perfectly captures the feel of the city. If anyone is coming to visit anytime soon I definitely recommend walking it. But how to shoot on it is tricky because there are a million people on it at all times of the day. So ... I called this couple with a crazy idea - to shoot at 6AM! I really didn't think they'd go for it, but they totally jumped at it! There's something so magical about morning shoots. The light is different than at sunset. It's calmer and more blue. And as the sun rises it's so fun to play with the harsher light. It makes the colors stronger and the moments have an edgier feel. Which was so perfect for this shoot. I just had such a wonderful time shooting this couple! They were beautiful, happy, and so willing to try anything I asked of them! Thank you both so so much for getting up so early! You are my heroes!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anna & Greg said...

I knew you would do an amazing job, but these literally made me cry and I am NOT a girly girl. Thank you so much! They are beyond beautiful!

Jovanna and Dylan Fern said...

they turned out just perfect!!!!!!!

Casey said...

I absolutely love these Sara! What a neat location too! I hope you are doing good and hopefully we will get to connect & see you guys in August!!

Anonymous said...

Love these! you out did yourself Sara! Stunning work. One of My favs.