2

My blog has moved!

3

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.saraweirphotography.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

4





My name is Sara. I am a loving, fun, vivacious woman with a love for photography. While I love photographing everything I see capturing the intimate moments of people is my passion. Whether it is the moment a child realizes something for the first time or a teenager finally sees who they really are I LOVE to be there. I want to freeze the moment of joy shared by a family as they play together. I want to capture forever the love of a newly engaged couple. It is what I love to do! Here you'll find the 'stories' whether in word or image of those most precious moments. Enjoy!

4.5.09

Color Management

On of the most wonderful, horrible, frustrating, and technical parts of photography has to do with color management. Each computer monitor, just like every TV, displays color slightly differently. This presents a problem for any photographer. What you see on your screen is probably not what everyone else sees on their screen, especially when it comes to the internet. Likewise printers interpret color differently, so what you see on your monitor is not neccessarily what the printer will print, professional printing or otherwise. So, color management becomes a necessary part of photography particularly with digital photography.

To control the color I see on my monitor I calibrate my monitor with a little piece of hardware that reads the light output and color once a week. This keeps my editing more consistent. But what about the web and it's color? This is probably the most frustrating part of photography. My photos look great on one monitor and horrible on the next. There is a solution! Friefox3 has a color space awareness feature that you can turn on. This allows you to see the true color in photos. Give it a shot and see if it makes the photos look better or worse!

Here's How:

1. In your firefox web browser type - about:config
2. A box will pop up asking you to promise to be careful, click yes.
3. Type - color_management - in the filter
4. Change gfx.color_management.enabled to true
5. Then close out of Firefox and restart it

Your colors should be different. Let me know what you think - good change, bad change?

No comments: