2

My blog has moved!

3

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.saraweirphotography.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

4





My name is Sara. I am a loving, fun, vivacious woman with a love for photography. While I love photographing everything I see capturing the intimate moments of people is my passion. Whether it is the moment a child realizes something for the first time or a teenager finally sees who they really are I LOVE to be there. I want to freeze the moment of joy shared by a family as they play together. I want to capture forever the love of a newly engaged couple. It is what I love to do! Here you'll find the 'stories' whether in word or image of those most precious moments. Enjoy!

17.6.10

Family

Yesterday I sat on the couch watching some meaningless show on TV. It had been a normal day of eating, sleeping, and pooping. I was tired and then my world just changed. Mara came up to me and just put her little hand on my knee. I look down and she beams up at me. For no reason. So we sat there smiling at each other. It was beautiful. There really aren't words for what it meant to me. It was like that time when she was just a baby. So small, so sweet but then to my surprise she reached up and stroked my cheek with her little hand. Again, there aren't words for what that meant to me. I've often heard mothers say that their reward is found in those tiny moments. And while those moments are in fact tiny in time they are larger, more influential, and more rewarding than any other moment I have ever felt. No one tells you what the pay back is like. I thought it would be so small. But it isn't. It's great. So great.

That was a very sentimental lead into this beautiful family's sneak peek. But the whole point of it was that I can see that - that feeling of sincere happiness and reward that Mara gave me in those two moments on the faces of these dear parents. It is beautiful and expresses the most beautiful thing life has to offer - family.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Maria said...

This is such a speacial post. I really enjoyed the way you put this such a special moment into words. So beautiful! And the Harker's photo is just amazing!

Kuulei and Nick said...

Sara, This is absolutely wonderful! You said exactly how we feel. This is what I love so much about you as a photographer, you capture feelings into your photos. There really is no greater reward than being a parent. Thank you so much, we will always have this moment now.

Meghan said...

Gorgeous, Sara.

Gorgeous words.

Grogeous photo.

Gorgeous.

Dr. Nick said...

Aw what a super photo! It is true, even though Alette can't do much right now sometimes during the night she will give me a grin to let me know she loves me and I forget about how crabby I am that it is 4 am. Great work Sara!

{Kim} said...

Hi Sara! I love your photographs. Maybe you can do ours the next time you're in town?!

Jayson & Sara said...

Oh thank you so much everyone! I'm afraid I get so sentimental when I post late at night and I did this one around midnight! I'm just grateful someone else could relate!!