2

My blog has moved!

3

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.saraweirphotography.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

4





My name is Sara. I am a loving, fun, vivacious woman with a love for photography. While I love photographing everything I see capturing the intimate moments of people is my passion. Whether it is the moment a child realizes something for the first time or a teenager finally sees who they really are I LOVE to be there. I want to freeze the moment of joy shared by a family as they play together. I want to capture forever the love of a newly engaged couple. It is what I love to do! Here you'll find the 'stories' whether in word or image of those most precious moments. Enjoy!

19.7.10

To Give

Photography is ...

Depends on who you ask I guess. For me it's light, it's people, it's passion all wrapped up in a perfectly imperfect joyous package. However, somewhere along my photography journey I forgot that. Somewhere it became numbers, time, and mechanical. Somewhere I had collected a slight chip on my shoulder about how photography fit in my life. I didn't even realize that it happened. But then there was a small very short conversation. It wasn't even really about what was said but rather who said it. And it came from this couple. They are two of the kindest, most accepting, most giving people I know. She's a hair stylist who after hardly knowing me cut my hair for free. Maybe that doesn't sound like a huge thing, but when a haircut without the blow dry costs $50 it's no small thing. He's a model/photographer. During our short conversation he talked about the exciting things he was doing with his photography. As he described his upcoming projects I realized he used photography not only to build a career, but also to build people.

After we headed home I contemplated about my photography and how I used it. I compared my attitude with theirs and found mine lacking. I needed to take a new direction with my photography. It needed to be more personal and more about the people I was photographing. I tried to forget much of what I thought I knew and instead rediscover the joy. Instead of just looking through my lens I tried to see through my lens. Instead of taking poses at face value I try to find the people. The people deeply inside, and all their sides inside. I realize that yes I've worked and worked to take the photos I take, but now I appreciate more and more the gift it is. The perfect gift to feel so excited each time I pick up that camera. The gift to be that lucky one to see what I see and to click so everyone can see it. To see them. The ones you love and the ones who love you. It is something I can share, something I can give. Photography never was and shouldn't ever be about me. It's about those on the other side of the lens. And although I had forgotten it these most wonderful friends helped me to find that again. They truly are beautiful. In ever sense of that word. I'm so grateful for them being my friends and just being who they are! I hope you can see a little bit of what I see in these photos of them.



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

6 comments:

Kristie Young said...

perfect! i have no other words.

Kimmy said...

wow! gorgeous photography and couple!

Alys said...

They are a cute couple. And the location is beautiful, too. Nice work.

Jayson & Sara said...

Thank you! It was definitely a shoot in my top three!

Sara and Dustin said...

I'm in love with the lighting. Seriously gorgeous on all accounts.

P.S. I got your email about our order. We're making some decisions and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Ashley said...

Hi Sara! You don't know me, but I photography blog stalk you regularly. haha. My husband and I live in Grenada and I found out about you from Casey and Lexi. I'm absolutely in love with your photography. I'm just in the beginning stages of discovering my passion for photography, but this post really inspired me. It's easy to get frustrated and caught up in the mechanics of things. Your post reminded me to capture the beauty of the people's souls in front of the lens. Keep up the good work. I think your work is amazing.